miércoles, 12 de octubre de 2011

INITIAL TEST

Name ____________________________ group ____________________________

INTERMEDIATE LEVEL 2 - Test
Grammar and Vocabulary

GRAMMAR

1 Complete the sentences.

1. ‘Where’s Lynne?’ ‘She ________ (go) to Cuba. She’ll be back next week.’

2. Mike ________ (work) in his study. Shall I call him for you?

3. If I had the chance to live abroad, I ________ (go).

4. I’m sorry. I think I _______ (break) your camera when I dropped it!

5. ‘Didn’t you hear the phone ring?’ ‘No, sorry. I ________ (listen) to music.’

6. She told me she ________ (want) to meet me the next day.

7. I ________ (eat) less chocolate at the moment because I am on a diet.

8. He ________ (work) at the company for years, and he still loves it.

9. When I got home, I saw that somebody ________ (break) one of my windows.

10. How much money did you take ________ of the cash machine?

11. You’re Joel’s cousin, ________ you?

12. The police ________ me whether I had witnessed the crime.

13. If I ________ you, I’d make a complaint to the manager.

14. Do you know where the nearest taxi rank ________?

15. Will you be ________ to look after the children next Thursday evening?

16. Are you responsible ________ the sales figures?

17. Can you tell me ________ the main entrance is, please?

18. My brother and I want to set ________ our own online business.

2 Underline the correct word(s).

1. You wouldn’t / won’t get the job if you don’t apply for it!

2. You mustn’t / shouldn’t ride without your helmet. It is illegal.

3. Please talk more quieter / quietly. You might wake up the baby.

4. She’s the woman who’s / whose brother won the national lottery.

5. I think banning / ban cars from the city centre is a good idea.

6. The boss said / told me not to tell anyone about the promotion.

7. Very few / little people turned up at the meeting last week.

8. I’ll see you the next / next Friday.

9. There aren’t any / no big parks in this town.

10. I’m so tired. I won’t be able to drive unless / if I have a break and some coffee.

11. I usually / used to watch TV in the evenings, but now I go to the sports centre.

12. Will / Shall you tell me if you hear any news?

13. If you went to visit her, she’ll / she’d be so happy.

14. I must / might work harder if I want to get a better job.

Grammar total

32

VOCABULARY

3 Underline the odd one out.

1 retire get sacked apply for a job resign

2 straight curly beard wavy

3 take off travel check in trip

4 Complete the sentences with the correct preposition.

1 I could understand the film because it was dubbed ________ German.

2 I spent €1,600 ________ a holiday to Japan.

3 She’s been ________ charge of the accounts department for two years.

4 I’m so tired. I am really looking forward ________ my holiday next week.

5 Excuse me, may I try these trousers ________?

5 Complete the sentences with the correct word.

1. The teachers give us extra homework when some students ________ badly.

cheat behave revise

2. Antonia’s so ________. She’s always trying to get people to do what she wants.

extrovert mean manipulative

3. We often have dinner outside on our ________ .

terrace roof path

4. When I was in Greece, I couldn’t understand anything anyone was saying. It was so ________.

exciting terrifying frustrating

5. I’ve finally thrown ________ my old leather jacket.

in away up

6. You’re not allowed to drive in a ________ area.

residential pedestrian suburb

7. I haven’t eaten anything for hours. I’m ________!

starving furious freezing

8. She’s so ________. Her feelings are easily hurt.

reliable honest sensitive

8 Complete the sentences with one word.

1 When I got ________ playing football, the doctor said I couldn’t play again for four weeks.

2 The film The Beach is ________ on the novel by Alex Garland.

3 Jeff ________ yoga for an hour every day– it helps him to relax.

4 I tried to phone Mike, but the line’s engaged. I’ll call him ________ later.

5 It was lovely seeing you again after so long. Let’s ________ in touch.

6 Tickets for U2 concerts always sell ________ really quickly.

7 It was great to see you. I hope we bump ________ each other again!

Vocabulary total

23

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario