martes, 15 de mayo de 2012

The passive - sentences seen in class

  1. They didn't give me the information I needed.
    •  I wasn't given the information I needed.
    • The information I needed wasn't given TO me.
  2. They asked me some difficult questions at the interview.
    •  I was asked some difficult questions at the interview.
    • Some difficult questions were asked TO me at the interview.
  3. Linda's colleagues gave her a present when she retired.
    • Linda was given a present by her colleagues when she retired. 
    • A present was given TO Linda / her by her colleagues when she retired.
  4. Nobody told me about the meeting. 
    • I wasn't told about the meeting. 
  5. How much will they pay you for your work?
    • How much will you be paid for your work?
  6. I think they should have offered Tom the job. 
    • I think Tom should have been offered the job.
    • I think the job should have been offered to Tom
  7. Has anybody shown you what to do?
    • Have you been shown what to do?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario